Would you like to volunteer as a digital champion and support people with their computer skills? Please see below for a role description for a fantastic opportunity.
Digital Champions Volunteer Role description & specification
Project: UK Online Digital Inclusion Project
Position: Volunteer Digital Champion
Hours: Flexible to cover 1-2 sessions per week
Location: Blackpool, Wyre and Fylde.
We are looking for individuals who have some knowledge of basic computer skills and good communication skills to support our UKOnline Digital Inclusion Project. Volunteers must be comfortable in speaking to people and supporting people who need additional guidance in accessing services online as well as using computers/laptops. Volunteers need to have patience and tolerance and be able to work on their own initiative as well as ain a team. Volunteers will be required to commit to at least 1 day or 2 1⁄2 days a week and be happy to have a DBS check. UR Potential are a UK Online project and deliver Drop in sessions & training courses in Blackpool Volunteer Expenses will be reimbursed To support the delivery of the UK Online project and the collection of relevant statistics and learners
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ROLE
We are looking for an innovative individual who can work under minimum supervision.
1. To support the UK Online Tutor in sessions and drop in sessions across the Fylde,
2. To support the Outreach project in achieving the set targets as per funding guidelines.
3. To support learners in accessing UK Online training modules and support them in job
4. To support the Ukonline tutors in the delivery of the courses and drop in sessions
5. To signpost learners where necessary to specific services and projects
6. To put into practise UR Potential’s Code of Conduct and safeguarding procedures
7. To work in partnership with all voluntary, statutory agencies and private organisations.(where
8. To adhere to all UR Potential policies and procedures in particular safeguarding.
9. To access all mandatory training for UR Potential
10.To attend team meetings as arranged/as appropriate
11.To participate in supervisions’ with fieldworker/supervisor
All travel expenses will be paid
If you are interested in this role, please ring the UR Potential office on 01253 344398 or email email@example.com