Fylde Coast Be Involved Youth Volunteering
FCBI works across the 3 Districts Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre. FCBI has to date supported over 1500 young people aged 14 – 25 into volunteering.
Funded through the Big Lottery Reaching Communities for five years and supported through a grant from the Tudor Trust. This project is youth led in its development of volunteering opportunities and approaches. It has a robust peer mentoring programme which has gained Approved Provider Standard from the Mentoring and Befriending Foundation.
The Project Has 4 Main Aims
1. Pre-volunteering and personal development project for young people
2. Supported volunteering in the volunteer placement for young people with specific needs
3. Mentoring and Befriending for young people lacking in confidence as well as developing skills for home grown young people to become mentors and befrienders
4. Brokerage for young people who can access volunteering with limited or little support
The project enables young people to prepare to take up volunteering opportunities and makes volunteering more accessible to young people, offering support where required based on the individual need of the volunteer
Young People have set up youthled programmes and groups including:
- Art Group
- Girls Group
- Peer Mentors
- Young Trans
- Urban Gardening @ The Patch
- Blackpool Youth Voice
If you would like more information on all of our groups click here
If you live in Blackpool and you are aged 14-25 ring/email April Pollitt on 07411062086 or email@example.com
If you live in Fylde or Wyre and you are aged 14-25 email Sam Wainwright on firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more
Want to know more about how we can help you achieve your full potential? In the first instance you should take the simple step of getting in touch with us so we can answer any questions you may have and take the opportunity to tell us about you and what your aspirations are.
You can call us, but why not drop in to our project office on Central Drive in Blackpool where you will be able to chat with one of our team.